Last updated: 6/21/2021
The privacy of our users is extremely important to us at PennyLoafer, LLC and we are committed to protecting your personal information. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or require more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected].
When you visit www.pennyloafer.org (the “Website”) and more generally, use any of the services (the “Service” which includes the “Website”), we appreciate that you are trusting us with your personal information. We take your privacy very seriously and ask that you please read this entire privacy notice carefully as it will help you understand what we do with the information that we collect. If you don’t understand or don’t agree with any of the terms in this privacy notice, please discontinue use of our Service immediately.
Interpretation and Definitions
The following words and their corresponding definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear uppercase or lowercase, in singular or in plural.
- Account: a unique account created for you to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Company: (referred to as either “the Company”, “PennyLoafer”, “we”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to PennyLoafer, LLC.
- Cookies: small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to: The United States
- Device: any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cell phone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data: any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service: refers to the Website and any general services provided by PennyLoafer.
- Service Provider: any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Usage Data: data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website: refers to www.pennyloafer.org and all related subdomains.
- You: the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
The Information We Collect
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us while using our Service, including when you checkout and generate an Account on the Website, express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products or Service, when you participate in activities on the Website or otherwise contact us.
Depending on the context of your interactions with us and the Website, the choices you make and the products and features you use, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal information, including but not limited to:
- First name and last name
- Email Addresses
- Billing Addresses
- Other similar information
- Payment Data: we may collect data necessary to process your payment of Donations or Tips to PennyLoafer, such as your payment instrument (such as a credit/debit card), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by our third-party payment processor partner, Stripe. you may find their privacy notice links here: https://stripe.com/privacy.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Some data, called Usage Data, is collected automatically when you visit, use or navigate the Website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information. Usage Data may include information such as your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Website, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes. When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Website or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser. We may use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies
- Type: Session Cookies
- Administered by: Us
- Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide you with services available through the Website and to enable you to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these Cookies to provide you with those services.
- Functionality Cookies
- Type: Persistent Cookies
- Administered by: Us
- Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices you make when you use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you use the Website.
How we Use Your Information
Use of your Personal Data
We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage your Account: to manage your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data you provide can give you access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to you as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services you have purchased or of any other contract with us through the Service.
- To contact you: to contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding feedback, updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage your requests: to attend and manage your requests to us.
- For business transfers: we may use your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: we may use your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, complying with nonprofit gift acceptance policies, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
Sharing Your Information
We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- For business transfers: we may share or transfer your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With vendors, consultants and other third-party service providers: we may share your information with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer services and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Website, which will enable them to collect data on our behalf about how you interact with our Website over time. Unless described in this notice, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- With nonprofits: in the event that a nonprofit requests a list of individual donors that donated to a Cause for which they have been chosen as the recipient of a grant, we may need to share donor information to comply with their gift acknowledgement policies.
- With your consent: we may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
- For legal obligations: we may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial processing, court order, or legal process. The Company may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) Comply with a legal obligation; (b) Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company; (c) Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service; (d) Protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public; (e) Protect against legal liability
- Vital Interests: we may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or illegal activities or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
If we have processed your data based on your consent and you wish to revoke your consent, please contact us using the contact details provided in the section entitled “How to Contact us” below.
Retention of Your Information
Keeping Your Information Safe
We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of your Personal Data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Information From Minors
We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age. If we learn that personal information from users under 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at [email protected].
Links to Other Websites
Your Privacy Rights
You may review, change or terminate your account at any time. If you have questions or comments about your privacy rights, you may email us at [email protected].
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can log in to your account settings and update your user account. Upon your request to terminate your account, we will deactivate or delete your account and information from our active databases. However, we may retain some information in our files to prevent fraud, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Terms of Service and/or comply with applicable legal requirements.
Cookies and similar technologies
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Website.
Opting out of email marketing
You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list; however, we may still communicate with you, for example to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account, to respond to service requests, or for other non-marketing purposes. To otherwise opt-out, you may contact us using the details provided below.
Controls for Do-Not-Track Features
If you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information. California Civil Code Section 1798.83, or the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
Privacy Notice Updates
How to Contact Us